ARMAGH THEATRE GROUP DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller's possession, or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If we hold information about you, such as your name and address, telephone number, email address, etc., you are, in the language of the GDPR, the ‘data subject'. Wherever these words appear, they refer to you.
2. Who are we?
Armagh Theatre Group is the data controller (contact details below). This means that it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
Armagh Theatre Group complies with its obligations under the GDPR, by keeping personal data up-to-date, by sorting and destroying it securely, by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data, by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure, and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: -
• to inform you of news, events and activities for Armagh Theatre Group and arts related organisations in the Armagh vicinity
• to fund-raise for Armagh Theatre Group
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events and activities;
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with third parties with your consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data in accordance with the guidance set out.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
• the right to request a copy of your personal data which Armagh Theatre Group holds about you;
• the right to request that Armagh Theatre Group corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• the right to request that your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Armagh Theatre Group to retain such data;
• the right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
• the right to request that the data controller provides the data subject with his/her personal data and, where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, known as the right to data portability, where applicable; [This only applies where the processing is based on consent, or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and, in either case, the data controller processes the data by automated means]
• where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, the right to request that a restriction is placed on further processing;
• the right to object to the processing of personal data, where applicable; [This only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics]
• the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office (UK).
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice. The new notice will explain the new use of your personal data prior to commencing the processing. It will set out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and when necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
You can contact the Information Commissioner's Office (UK) on 0303 123 1113; via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or by writing to the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF